TRB's National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 681: Development of a Precast Bent Cap System for Seismic Regions explores the development and validation of precast concrete bent cap systems for use throughout the nation's seismic regions.
The report also includes a series of recommended updates to the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) Bridge Design Specifications, Guide Specification for LRFD Seismic Bridge Design, and AASHTO LRFD Bridge Construction Specifications that will provide safe and reliable seismic resistance in a cost-effective, durable, and constructible manner.
A number of deliverables are provided as attachments to NCHRP Report 681, including design flow charts, design examples, example connection details, specimen drawings, specimen test reports, and an implementation plan from the research agency's final report. These attachments, which are only available online, are titled as follows:
• Attachment DS—Design Specifications
• Attachment DE—Design Examples
• Attachment CS—Construction Specifications
• Attachment ECD—Example Connection Details
• Attachment SD —Specimen Drawings
• Attachment TR—Test Reports
• Attachment CPT—Corrugated Pipe Thickness
• Attachment IP—NCHRP 12-74 Implementation Plan