The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Scientific and Medical of Aspects: Human Reproductive Cloning
– The muscular pear-shaped organ (in humans, located in the lower part of a woman’s abdomen) in which the fetus develops.
– Composed of or having to do with blood vessels.
– See Whole genome amplification
Whole-genome amplification (WGA)
– A technique that allows production of enough DNA from a single cell to do multiple genetic analyses; involves nonspecific polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of an entire genome, providing templates for later PCR to produce more copies of the genome.
– One of the two sex chromosomes, the other being the Y chromosome. Females have two X chromosomes, and males have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome.
– Normal inactivation of one of the two X chromosomes in females.
– The chromosome that determines male gender.
– The one-cell embryo formed by the union of sperm and egg at fertilization.