The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Saving Women’s Lives: Strategies for Improving Breast Cancer Detection and Diagnosis
21. Schwartz LM, Woloshin S. 2002. Marketing medicine to the public: a reader’s guide. JAMA 287(6):774-775.
22. Schwartz LM, Woloshin S. 2002. News media coverage of screening mammography for women in their 40s and tamoxifen for primary prevention of breast cancer. JAMA 287(23):3136-3142.
23. Schwartz LM, Woloshin S, Baczek L. 2002. Media coverage of scientific meetings: too much, too soon? JAMA 287(21):2859-2863.
24. Sung NS, Crowley WF Jr, Genel M, Salber P, Sandy L, Sherwood LM, Johnson SB, Catanese V, Tilson H, Getz K, Larson EL, Scheinberg D, Reece EA, Slavkin H, Dobs A, Grebb J, Martinez RA, Korn A, Rimoin D. 2003. Central challenges facing the national clinical research enterprise. JAMA 289(10):1278-1287.
25. Wells J, Marshall P, Crawley B, Dickersin K. 2001. Newspaper reporting of screening mammography. Ann Intern Med 135(12):1029-1037.
26. Woloshin S, Schwartz LM. 2002. Press releases: translating research into news. JAMA 287(21):2856-1858.