. "Appendix A: Examples of Tsunami Sources That Threaten the United States." Tsunami Warning and Preparedness: An Assessment of the U.S. Tsunami Program and the Nation's Preparedness Efforts. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2011.
2. Wesson, R.L., O.S. Boyd, C.S. Mueller, and A.D. Frankel. 2008. Challenges in making a seismic hazard map for Alaska and the Aleutians: Active tectonics and seismic potential of Alaska. Geophysical Monograph 179:385-397.
3. Okal, E.A. and H. Hebert. 2007. Far-field simulation of the 1946 Aleutian tsunami. Geophysical Journal International 169:1229-1238.
4. Carver, G. and G. Plafker. 2008. Paleoseismicity and neotectonics of the Aleutian Subduction Zone–An overview. In ActiveTectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska, Freymueller, J.T., P.J. Haeussler, R. Wesson, and G. Ekstrom (Eds). American Geophysical Union, Washington, DC.
5. Shennan, I., R. Bruhn, and G. Plafker. 2009. Multi-segment earthquakes and tsunami potential of the Aleutian megathrust. Quaternary Science Reviews 28(1-2):7-13.
6. Atwater, B.F., M.R. Satoko, S. Kenji, T. Yoshinobu, U. Kazue, and D.K. Yamaguchi. 2005. The Orphan Tsunami of 1700: JapaneseClues to a Parent Earthquake in North America. University of Washington Press, Seattle, Washington.
7. Tang, L., C. Chamberlin, E. Tolkova, M. Spillane, V.V. Titov, E.N. Bernard, and H.O. Mofjeld. 2006. Assessment of PotentialTsunami Impact for Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. NOAA Technical Memorandum OAR PMEL-131 36, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland.
8. Atwater, B.F., M.P. Tuttle, E.S. Schweig, C.M. Rubin, D.K. Yamaguchi, and E. Hemphill-Haley. 2004. Earthquake recurrence inferred from paleoseismology. Developments in Quaternary Science 1:331-350.
9. Goldfinger, C., K. Grijalva, R. Bürgmann, A.E. Morey, J.E. Johnson, C.H. Nelson, J. Gutiérrez-Pastor, A. Ericsson, E. Karabanov, J.D. Chaytor, J. Patton, and E. Grácia. 2008. Late Holocene rupture of the northern San Andreas Fault and possible stress linkage to the Cascadia Subduction Zone. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 98(2):861-889.
10. Satake, K., K. Wang, and B.F. Atwater. 2003. Fault slip and seismic moment of the 1700 Cascadia earthquake inferred from Japanese tsunami descriptions. Journal of Geophysical Research 108(B11):1-17.
11. Nelson, A.R., H.M. Kelsey, and R.C. Witter. 2006. Great earthquakes of variable magnitude at the Cascadia subduction zone. Quaternary Research 65(3):354-365.
12. Priest, G.R., C. Goldfinger, K. Wang, R.C. Witter, Y. Zhang, and A.M. Baptista. 2009. Confidence levels for tsunami-inundation limits in northern Oregon inferred from a 10,000-year history of great earthquakes at the Cascadia subduction zone. Natural Hazards 1-47.
13. Uslu, B., J.C. Borrero, L.A. Dengler, and C.E. Synolakis. 2007. Tsunami inundation at Crescent City, California generated by earthquakes along the Cascadia subduction zone. Geophysical Research Letters 34:L20601.
14. Dolan, J.F. and D.J. Wald. 1998. The 1943-1953 north-central Caribbean earthquakes: Active tectonic setting, seismic hazards, and implications for Caribbean-North America plate motions. Geological Society of America Special Paper 326:143-169.
15. ten Brink, U.S. 2009. Tsunami hazard along the U.S. Atlantic coast. Marine Geology 264:1-3.
16. Geist, E.L. and T Parsons. 2009. Assessment of source probabilities for potential tsunamis affecting the U.S. Atlantic coast. Marine Geology 264:98-108.
17. Barrientos, S.E. 2007. Earthquakes in Chile. In The Geology of Chile, Moreno, T. and W. Gibbons (Eds.). The Geological Society, London, England, United Kingdom.
18. Moreno, M.S., J. Bolte, J. Klotz, and D. Melnick. 2009. Impact of megathrust geometry on inversion of coseismic slip from geodetic data: Application to the 1960 Chile earthquake. Geophysical Research Letters 36:L16310.
19. Cisternas, M., B.F. Atwater, F. Torrejón, Y. Sawai, G. Machuca, M. Lagos, A. Eipert, C. Youlton, I. Salgado, T. Kamataki, M. Shishikura, C.P. Rajendran, J.K. Malik, Y. Rizal, and M. Husni. 2005. Predecessors of the giant 1960 Chile earthquake. Nature 437:404-407.
20. Kanamori, H. 2006. Lessons from the 2004 Sumatra-Andaman earthquake: Extreme natural hazards. PhilosophicalTransactions of the Royal Society A Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 364(1845):1927-1945.