The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Facility Matrix Element 4,1
Facility Activity: Facility Operations Environmental Concern: Ecological Impacts
- Has the maximum possible portion of the facility been returned to, or allowed to remain in, its natural state?
- Is the use of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, or any other chemical treatments on the property minimized?
- Is noise pollution from the site minimized?
Facility Matrix Element 4,2
Facility Activity: Facility Operations Environmental Concern: Energy Use
- Is the energy needed for heating, ventilating, and cooling the facility minimized?
- Is the energy needed for lighting the facility minimized?
- Is energy efficiency a consideration when buying or leasing facility equipment such as copiers, computers, and fan motors?
- Have maintenance programs been designed and implemented to maintain peak energy efficiency of all systems?
- Has the possibility of on-site generation of energy in environmentally preferable ways been explored?
Facility Matrix Element 4,3
Facility Activity: Facility Operations Environmental Concern: Solid Residues
- Is the facility designed to minimize the comingling of solid-waste streams?
- Are solid residues from facility operations reused or recycled to the maximum extent possible?
- Are unusable solid residues from facility operations (including food service) disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner and as close to the facility as possible?
Facility Matrix Element 4,4
Facility Activity: Facility Operations Environmental Concern: Liquid Residues
- Is the facility designed to minimize the comingling of liquid-waste streams?
- Are liquid treatment plants monitored to ensure that they operate at peak efficiency?