The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
MARIJUANA AS MEDICINE?: The Science Beyond the Controversy
27. Ibid., p. 106.
28. Ibid., pp. 106-107.
29. Yeasavage JA, Leirer VO, Denari M, Hollister LE. 1985. “Carry-over effects of marijuana intoxication on aircraft pilot performance: A preliminary report.” American Journal of Psychiatry 142:1325-1329.
30. Institute of Medicine. Marijuana and Medicine, pp. 105-106.
31. Yeasavage JA, et al. 1985.
32. Institute of Medicine. Marijuana and Medicine, p. 100.
33. Golub A and Johnson BD. 1994. “The shifting importance of alcohol and marijuana as gateway substances among serious drug abusers.” Journal of Studies on Alcohol 55:607-614.
34. Johnston LD, O'Malley PM, Bachman JG. 1989. “Marijuana decriminalization: The impact on youth, 1975-1980.” Journal of Public Health 10:456.
35. Model KE. 1993. “The effect of marijuana decriminalization on hospital emergency room drug episodes: 1975-1978.” Journal of the American Statistical Association 88:737-747.
36. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 1998. National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Population Estimates 1997. DHHS Pub. No. (SMA) 98-3250. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA, Office of Applied Studies.
37. Institute of Medicine. Marijuana and Medicine, p. 104.