The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
19. Feely, John; Moriarty, Siobhan; O'Connor, Patricia. Stimulating Reporting of Adverse Drug Reactions by Using a Fee. BMJ. 300:22–23, 1990.
20. FDA, ''Managing the Risks from Medical Product Use," 1999.
21. Brewer and Colditz, 1999.
22. Farrington, Paddy; Pugh, Simon; Colville, Alaric, et al. A New Method for Active Surveillance of Adverse Events from Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis and Measles/Mumps/Rubella Vaccines. Lancet. 345(8949):567–569, 1995.
23. Nagel, David C., "Human Error In Aviation Operations," in D.C. Nagel and E.L. Wiener (eds.), Human Factors in Aviation, eds., Orlando, FL: Academic Press, Inc., 1988.
24. Brewer and Colditz, 1999.
25. Medication Error Prevention—Potassium Chloride. JCAHO Sentinel Event Alert, Issue One, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois: 1998.
26. Adapted from work by JCAHO based on presentation by Margaret VanAmringe to the Subcommittee on Creating an External Environment for Quality in Health Care, June 15, 1999, Washington, D.C.
27. Nichols, Len M. and Blumberg, Linda J. A Different Kind of "New Federalism"? The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Health Affairs. 17(3):25–42, 1998.
28. Billings, Charles, presentation to Subcommittee on Creating an External Environment for Quality, January 29, 1999.