The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
17. Leonard, David R., New Wigmore's Treatise on Evidence: Selected Rules of Limited Admissibility, Ch. 2, 1999 Suppl., Section 2:46–1.
18. Federal Rule of Evidence 407.
19. Leonard, David R., New Wigmore's Treatise on Evidence: Selected Rules of Limited Admissibility, Ch. 2, Supp., Section 2:46–51, 1999.
20. State ex rel. United Hospital Center, Inc. v. Bedell (W. Va. 1997) 484 SE2d 199; Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation v. Eighth Judicial District Court, (Nev. 1997) 936 P2d 844.
21. Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation v. Eighth Judicial District Court, (Nev. 1997) 936 P2d 844.
22. Brennan, Elise D. Peer Review Confidentiality. American Health Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, 1998.
23. Mills, D. H. Medical Peer Review: The Need to Organize a Protective Approach. Health Matrix. 1 (1):67–76, 1991.
24. Mills, 1991.
25. California Business and Professions Code Section 805.
26. City of Edmond v. Parr, 1978 OK 70, 578 P.2d 56 (Okla. 1978).
27. Arnett v. Dal Cielo, 42 Cal. Rptr. 2d 712 (1995); Arizona Occupations Code Section 32-1451.01(E).
28. West Covina Hospital v. Superior Court, 41 Cal. 3d 846, 718 P. 2d. 119 (1986).
29. See Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (1999), recommendation 3C, at p. 36.
ASRS (Aviation Safety Reporting System). 1999. Program Overview. http://olias.arc.nasa.gov/asrs/Overview, html accessed 28 July 1999.
Berwick, Donald. M. Continuous Improvement as an Ideal in Health Care. N Engl J Med. 320:53–56, 1989.
Bodenheimer, Thomas. The American Health Care System—The Movement for Improved Quality in Health Care. N Engl J Med. 340(6):488–492, 1999.
Brown, Lowell C. and Meinhardt, Robyn. Peer Review Confidentiality: Those Old Protections Just Ain't What They Used to Be. Whittier Law Review. 18:99–104, 1996.
Bovbjerg, Randall R. and Sloan, Frank A. No Fault for Medical Injury: Theory and Evidence. University of Cincinnati Law Review. 67:53–123, 1998.
Friend, Gail N., et al. The New Rules of Show and Tell: Identifying and Protecting the Peer Review and Medical Committee Privileges. Baylor Law Review. 49:607–656, 1997.
Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Sentinel Event Policy and Procedures, 1998. http://wwwa.jcaho.org/ns-search/sentinel/se_poly.htm?NS-search-set=/36c06/aaaa17864c065ea&NS-doc-offset=0& accessed February 9, 1999.
Kutrow, Bradley. Accident Reports Take on New Status with North Carolina Court Ruling. The Business Journal of Charlotte, June 1, 1998. http://www.amcity.com/charlotte/stories/060198/smallb4.html accessed January 19, 1999.