The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Twenty-Second Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics
9. Shen, Y. and Peterson, F.B., “Unsteady cavitation on an oscillating hydrofoil,” Proc. 12th ONR Symp. on Naval Hydrodynamics, 1978, pp. 362–384.
10. Shen, Y. and Peterson, F.B., “The influence of hydrofoil oscillation on boundary layer transition and cavitation noise,” Proc. 13th ONR Symp. on Naval Hydrodynamics, 1980, pp. 221–241.
11. Bark, G., “Developments of distortions in sheet cavitation on hydrofoils,” Proc. ASME Int. Symp. on Jets and Cavities, 1985, pp. 215–225.
12. Franc, J.P. and Michel, J.M., “Unsteady attached cavitation on an oscillating hydrofoil,” J. Fluid Mech., 1988, Vol. 193, pp. 171–189.
13. Hart, D.P., Brennen, C.E. and Acosta, A.J., “Observations of cavitation on a three dimensional oscillating hydrofoil,” ASME Cavitation and Multiphase Flow Forum, 1990, FED-Vol. 98, pp. 49–52.
14. Kubota, A., Kato, H., Yamaguchi, H. and Maeda, M., “Unsteady structure measurement of cloud cavitation on a foil section using conditional sampling,” ASME J. Fluids Eng., 1989, Vol. 111, pp. 204–210.
15. Kubota, A., Kato, H. and Yamaguchi, H., “A new modelling of cavitating flows—a numerical study of unsteady cavitation on a hydrofoil section,” J. Fluid Mech., 1992, Vol. 240, pp. 59–96.
16. Le, Q., Franc, J.M. and Michel, J.M., “Partial cavities: global behaviour and mean pressure distribution,” ASME J. Fluids Eng., 1993, Vol. 115, pp. 243–248.
17. de Lange, D.F., de Bruin, G.J. and van Wijngaarden, L., “On the mechanism of cloud cavitation—experiment and modelling,” Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Cavitation, Tokyo, 1994, pp. 45–49.
18. Kawanami, Y., Kato, H., Yamaguchi, H., Tagaya, Y. and Tanimura, M., “Mechanism and control of cloud cavitation,” Proc. ASME Symp. on Cavitation and Gas-Liquid Flows in Fluid Machinery and Devices, 1996, FED-Vol. 236, pp. 329–336.
19. McKenney, E.A. and Brennen, C.E., “On the dynamics and acoustics of cloud cavitation on an oscillating hydrofoil”, Proc. ASME Symp. on Cavitation and Gas-Liquid Flows in Fluid Machinery and Devices, 1994, FED-Vol. 190, pp. 195–202.
20. Reisman, G.E., McKenney, E.A. and Brennen, C.E., “Cloud cavitation on an oscillating hydrofoil,” Proc. 20th ONR Symp. on Naval Hydrodynamics, 1994, pp. 78–89.
21. Morgan, W.B., personal communication, 1995.
22. Ukon, Y., “Cavitation characteristics of a finite swept wing and cavitation noise reduction due to air injection,” Proc. Int. Symp. on Propeller and Cavitation, 1986, pp. 383–390.
23. Arndt, R.E.A., Ellis, C.R. and Paul, S., “Preliminary investigation of the use of air injection to mitigate cavitation erosion,” Proc. ASME Symp. on Bubble Noise and Cavitation Erosion in Fluid Systems, 1993, FED-Vol. 176, pp. 105–116.
24. Reisman, G.E. and Brennen, C.E., “Shock wave measurements in cloud cavitation,” Proc. 21st Int. Symp. on Shock Waves, 1997, Paper 1570.
25. Reisman, G.E., Duttweiler, M.E. and Brennen, C.E., “Effect of air injection on the cloud cavitation of a hydrofoil,” Proc. ASME Fluids Eng. Div. Summer Meeting, 1997, Paper No. FEDSM97–3249.
26. van Wijngaarden, L., “On the collective collapse of a large number of gas bubbles in water,” Proc. 11th Int. Conf. Appl. Mech., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1964, pp. 854–861.
27. Brennen, C.E., “Cavitation and bubble dynamics,”, 1995, Oxford University Press.
28. Chahine, G.L. “Cloud cavitation theory,” Proc. 14th ONR Symp. on Naval Hydrodynamics, 1982, p. 51.
29. Noordij, L. and van Wijngaarden, L., “Relaxation effects, caused by relative motion, on shock waves in gas-bubble/liquid mixtures,” J. Fluid Mech., 1974, Vol. 66, pp. 115–143.